September 22, 2011

The Cedar Chest Project

When Mr. W and I moved into our new home, some good friends gave us this cedar chest 
because they needed to get rid of it.

We gladly accepted the gift and decided to give it a little face lift!

Using this pin...

Source: apartmenttherapy.com via Jane on Pinterest



I worked on the little dinks in the wood.



As you can see, it worked fairly well!
This is just a simple quick fix that doesn't last for very long.
And sometimes it doesn't work so well (as seen below).



For our budget, this was good enough for us!

Then I ordered these and some quilt matting, fabric, and drawer knobs, and waited anxiously for the items to arrive.


Source: joann.com via Jane on Pinterest
Source: homedepot.com via Jane on Pinterest


2 comments:

  1. I am eager to see the finished product. This beloved little heirloom has obviously found a loving home where it will be cared for♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely has. Thank you for letting us have it!
    I have an antique bed from my great grandparents, so this will be treated with similar love that I have for that.

    ReplyDelete