September 14, 2011

Looking for a Good Read?

It all began with this song:






Back in high school I stumbled upon this song, fell in love with it, and learned the song was inspired by a book. Someone commented that if you liked the song, you should read the book. 
I am not a huge book reader besides my textbooks, but I try to work on it.
I decided to go to the library since I found something I was very interested in.


Somehow I eventually learned that the book also inspired an Alfred Hitchcock film! I was smitten. (I love "The Birds,"which is actually another film inspired by Daphne du Maurier, like many of Hitchcock's films). I read the book and absolutely loved the twists within it. The story that ended was nothing like I was expecting when the book began.

If you like the book, you can look into seeing the Hitchcock film "Rebecca"! PLEASE do not watch the movie before reading the book - the film is terrible compared to the book, but the movie is still fun to see after having read it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment