September 8, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


(These aren't actually the cookies I made, but they look like them)




So yesterday, I wanted to make a oatmeal cookie recipe I had found in one of my cook books. I remembered to get the things I needed from the grocery store, but when I got home I realized I had two boxes of baking soda instead of one of baking soda and one of baking powder... and I was under a time crunch - GAH! The worst part about baking soda and powder is that you can substitute baking soda with baking powder, yet not the other way without tartar sauce - who has tartar sauce in an emergency?!

Well, as I was about to give up, I decided to check the oatmeal cookie recipe Mom had given me - 
HALLELUJAH!
Her recipe required no baking powder - I was saved.

I tossed all the ingredients into my wonderful KitchenAid and had a great batch of cookies by the end of it, so I thought I'd share the recipe:
(I made chocolate chip by not adding cinnamon and using chocolate chips instead of raisins... Oh, and I realize now I forgot about the butter! Maybe that would've made mine more moist. Well, if you want to stay healthier, I think they still taste fine without butter. Haha!)

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies    

3/4 c Butter
1/3 c Milk
1 1/2 c Sugar
2 Eggs
2 c Flour
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Salt
1/2 t Baking Soda
3 c Oats
1 c Raisins

Mix 'em all together.
Drop spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet
Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes


A few Aussie adjustments:
"well I had the heat on 180 degree Celsius and instead of sugar I used 3Tbs of honey. I also only had quick oats which is what you use to make porridge but it worked a treat."

2 comments:

  1. Hey when you used oats what type did you use? I have like for bags of rolled oats could I use that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! That is absolutely the right kind. Please, nobody use instant oats! Hahah.

    ReplyDelete