November 11, 2011

Art inspiration




I had not thought much about this until a month ago or so. I realized that I often pray for help with my academic courses, and I have always received the help when I have asked and put in my effort. I never thought to ask for help with arts. Well, I'm positive I have when preparing for musical performances and competitions, but I never have with creating a visual piece (besides dance). I decided "if I receive help and do well and better than I know I could do in academics, why shouldn't it apply to my talents, also?" I'm not used to, but I'm trying to remember. Remember to pray and to remember the one painting I consider a miracle.

You may have seen this painting already,


This is a painting of a friend who fought cancer for years and passed away back in high school.
As soon as I got home from the funeral, I began drawing his face in charcoal on this canvas.
The sketch sat for over a year or so until I got home one summer from college and went back to the high school and asked my old art teacher help me complete this project. 

This was the miracle to me: 
1. She let me us the high school's supplies - so kind!
2. I hadn't painted in over a year
3. I had only ever done two oil paintings before (one teeny one, and one that was just a nude back)
4. I had never before painted a portrait
5. This product was done in about 5 hours
6. My teacher said she was actually impressed... that was a huge compliment coming from her
7. I was finally able to deliver it to my friend's family and they greatly appreciated it and have it displayed in their family room

I believe creating is a divine desire - why not ask for the help from the greatest creator?

No comments:

Post a Comment