|My favorite banana bread recipe.|
Moist, chocolatey, and absolutely delicious.
Grandma Gene's Moist Banana Bread
makes 2 medium loaves (or six mini loaves)
¾ Cup butter
1 ½ Cups sugar
1 ½ Cups mashed bananas (approximately four bananas)
2 eggs, well-beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. sour cream
2 Cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. salt
½ Cup buttermilk (substitution: mix ½ Tbsp. vinegar with ½ Cup milk; let sit for 10 min.)
¾ Cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips, optional
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Blend in mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. (see tip for mashing bananas)
3. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.
4. Add flour mixture to banana mixture a little bit at a time, alternating with buttermilk and mixing thoroughly after each addition.
5. Mix nuts into mixture.
6. Pour into two greased and floured 8” or 9” loaf pans.
7. Bake at 350 F for 50-60 minutes.
8. Remove from pans immediately and wrap in cellophane after ten minutes to keep moist.
|Tip for mashing bananas:|
Give your bananas a couple days to get old and even brown.
Place them into a bag to contain them while you mash them.
If you need to wait before making the bread, stick the bag in the freezer just like this.