March 10, 2012

KONY 2012

THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME


Because this is so simple, I am going to show my support. Several years ago I watched this man's videos about the Invisible Children. My entire school had an assembly for it. It was extremely moving, though I felt I couldn't do very much besides sign their pledge on their website. 

I think I forgot about that whole experience a couple years later when I watched "Hotel Rwanda" in another class. Besides the movie being so depressing, I felt terrible realizing that I could not do anything to support those suffering people because it happened over 14 years earlier.

To see this movie after those past two experiences, I am excited. Obviously I haven't been the most supportive person through this, but why not keep doing the simplest I can if not more?

This is important to me that I do something to help this situation since I can.

Even if you don't watch the whole thing, please share the video. I believe that as we support the arrest of Joseph Kony, we will be very helpful in the arrest of other international criminals. I know we won't be free from them, but we should do our best to keep goodness around.

Here are the links you need to go to:
http://www.kony2012.com/get_the_kit.html (remember: April 20, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment