October 27, 2011

Sock Bun

Lately, I have seen multiple pins on the sock bun and sock bun curls 
I decided I needed to try this out for myself.


Here was my experience....



I found an unmatched sock and created the sock scrunchie.
There was a youtube video suggesting you dampen your hair with a spray bottle, so I did that to help the hair dry into curls overnight as I slept in the bun.

Here is my bun... it's okay, but it was my first try, so maybe after some practice it will improve.



After sleeping with it, I took the sock out and here's what it looked like.



Took out the ponytail and this was the result.
I wasn't too please with the ponytail line across my head, but those curls are pretty nice!


I bobby pinned my hair half up to try and cover that ponytail line.



I think it looks nice, but like I said earlier it will need more practice.
Because my hair is very fine it is tricky to find the right curls for it. 
Bigger curls like these look nice but don't hold very long for me, even with strong hairspray.
Usually I stick to the small tight curls that will hold for days. 

Here's the end result!


2 comments:

  1. Your hair is lovely! Try to do it without the ponytail holder or cut it after you start rolling the sock bun, to avoid the ponytail line.

    ReplyDelete