November 4, 2011

Something of my own design

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year... mostly because I enjoy thinking up ways to express gratitude in an artistic way. I just think it's fun!

Growing up I would make a construction paper tree for my family to tape leaves to. Each leaf would have something we were grateful for. And the entire creation would be on our fridge for us to see daily.

Being grateful and saying "thank you" is important to me. Sure I'm not always great at it, but Thanksgiving is a great time to remember all the things that bless my life.

This year this is what I have fabricated....




Ignore all the other bottles and leaf-filled vase.... This is the W's gratitude jar. 
1. Take a slip of paper
2. Write about something you are grateful for
or a blessing you recognized recently
3. Roll it up and place it in the jar
4. Repeat until the jar is full of gratitude!


The plan is to read these slips of paper together on Thanksgiving once the jar is filled
(and hopefully overflowing). 
I'm pretty excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment